Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sewn Paintings!

Hi everyone! So I decided to make these cute, little, whimsical paintings on watercolor paper and then sew them onto a larger piece of watercolor paper, so it looks matted, clean and professional, but with a bit of a homemade touch! Plus I get to choose different color thread to accent the painting! I am very excited! I will be doing this with most of my prints in my shop as well! I think it is great, especially for those art collectors, who want cute, unique paintings to frame on their walls!

Here is one of my new sewn paintings called "Stripes"! I sewed the painting on with a mint colored thread to accent the painting and it looks absolutely fabulous!! There is just something about sewing on the painting... It just makes it complete and cute! I love it!


Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment