Sunday, June 17, 2012

New Café Paintings...

Since I am at the Cafe right now, I figured it is obviously the perfect time to share two new paintings in Cafes! The one the on the top is kind of a self portrait. The title is "Lost" and the background is of  the interior of a cafe I go to a lot. I really wanted to have capture the moment of which the woman in the painting has just stopped and closed her eyes and thought about where she is in life. I blurred the background to really focus on the woman and her moment of thought.

The second painting, "Au Café" is another painting where the subject is in the Café, having a thought about life. I have kind of a "love/hate" relationship with the Café. At this point in my life, I have spent a lot of time there, and it seems to be the only place where I feel..."at home," with that being said, I also think that it has been a self destructive habit of mine. We go to these places almost daily, and pass people, who we see daily, but fail to make connections with. There are people there, but we are alone and lost in this world. All we know and call home is habit. Don't get me wrong, I love coffee... <3 Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment